Accelerus Light for Teachers
Accelerus Light has been designed to make entering assessments easy for teachers. This video will introduce you to Accelerus Light and below it is a list of some of the key features included in Accelerus Light and how they are of benefit to teachers, particularly as compared to Quick Vic or MarkBook.
|Web interface for teachers
- Teachers can work on reports anywhere there is an internet connection.
- Both Microsoft and Mac operating systems can be used.
- Ability to enter results via iPads and tablets.
- Teachers work directly into the database, eliminating the need to upload/download results.
- Easy for teachers to work at multiple schools without changing software licences.
- No need to install additional software on teacher computers.
- Works on most recent web browsers.
- Based on the same approach to assessment and reporting as Quick Vic and MarkBook.
- Most teachers will already be familiar with the operation of the application reducing costs associated with staff retraining.
- Uses a similar grid layout, but web based and modernised.
- Uses the same comment bank approach, but enhanced and more powerful.
|Previous results are viewable
- Teachers can see what was written in previous reports to assist them in writing current reports
- Reduces the likelihood of writing a comment similar to a previous comment.
- At the beginning of the year assists teachers in gaining an understanding of their new students.
- No need to export prior scores to Excel.
|Comment databases stored online
- Teachers do not lose comment databases when they get a new computer.
- Administrators can proofread and modify teacher comment banks.
|AusVELS graphics and prior scores visible on-screen
- Helps teachers gain a better understanding of the new AusVELS scales by seeing where the dots are prior to printing.
- Helps ensure that students are not shown to be regressing on AusVELS reports.
- Provides additional checking options, so that fewer reprints are needed.
- This functionality may be turned on or off by the school.
- Classroom teachers, coordinators and administrators can see and optionally modify all results for their students in one location.
- Home group teachers, year level coordinators or principals can review or proofread student results prior to adding their own comments.
- Teachers have a single point of access to student information when conducting parent/teacher/student interviews.
- Results are visible to staff without needing to be printed.
- Makes it easy for teachers to ensure the correct students have been added to their class, even where there are students with the same name.
- Helps teachers identify students at the start of the year.
- A useful memory prompt for specialist teachers who teach and write reports for hundreds of students.
- A visual aid to help teachers write the correct results for the correct student!
- Teachers who share classes may both work on the same class at the same time.
- Teachers sharing a class can see what the other teacher has written, increasing communication where teachers work on different days.
- No need to create artifical teacher records just to list both names on the report.
- Reduces the work for administrators and teachers involved as files to not need to be moved around and/or collaborated on.
|Unified single student view
- Teachers can work on all results for one student in a single screen.
- Teachers can access all comment banks in one location.
- If writing a report with multiple comment boxes (eg AusVELS reports) teachers can see all comment boxes at one time. This helps to ensure consistency and better coverage of information within the report.
|Visual indication of outstanding results
- Teachers can easily check the amount of work outstanding and can ensure all fields are completed prior to the report due date.
- Saves time and money with fewer reprints and delays due to incomplete reports.
|Visual indication of when reports are due
- It is very clear how much time teachers have remaining until reports must be completed.
|Compatible with Quick Vic and Accelerus comment databases
- No need to recreate comment databases that have already have hours of work put into them.
- Easy to get ideas from other teachers to help write comments.
|Colour coded columns
- Easy for teachers who share classes to identify which columns they need to complete.
- Helps to visually sort assessment items to make it easier to find and analyse results.
|Full result history available
- Teachers and administrators can easily see who changed results and when.
- Easy to restore an old result if it has been deleted by mistake.
|Updated user interface
- Easy for teachers to navigate.
- Interesting interface to use when spending hours writing reports!
Accelerus Light Overview
Accelerus Light for Administrators
Comparison between Quick Vic, Accelerus Light and Accelerus